I’m sure, if you have Pinterest, that you’ve seen this recipe all over. That’s how I found it, at least.
I got addicted to Pinterest last year in one of my classes. It was a lecture class and we sat in front of computers for 1 1/2 hours… what was I supposed to do? My professor clearly wanted me to be on Pinterest. Besides, I think it made me pay attention more because I knew I had to listen even more carefully if I was going to be “off task” by being on Pinterest.
So, lesson learned, multi-tasking makes you more attentive. (Riiighhht…)
Anyway, I’ve found a lot of great recipes on Pinterest and this is one of my favorites. However, if you have an addictive personality, I don’t suggest you make this because it is so addicting. Just walk away. Give it as gifts… that’s what I had to do.
Cake Batter Puppy Chow
From: So Very Blessed
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- vegetable shortening, optional
- Melt almond bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- Pour the cereal, cake mix, and powdered sugar into a paper bag or container with a lid.
- Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
- Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Add in sprinkles if desired.