Have you all tried Blue Diamond’s Nut Thins? They’re pretty delicious. I was lucky enough to receive samples of the Almond Nut thins, Pecan Nut Thins, Smokehouse, and Cheddar Cheese.
My favorite were the Cheddar Cheese and the Pecan. I just love the flavor of pecan and I really love cheddar cheese. I really love these nut thins because they’re like a hybrid of chips and crackers so you can dip them in any dip… cheese dip, cracker dip, anything! They kind of have a tortilla chip taste, but also cracker-y at the same time.
Anyway, when I received the nut thins, I promised I would come up with a recipe. You don’t usually associate crackers/chips and dessert, but really all it is is a sweet and salty combination. Which is why I put these in cookies and it tasted delicious. I made mine pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.
For more Blue Diamond recipes click here.
Nut Thin Confetti Cake Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup frosting
- 1 ½ cup funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup Nut Thins, finely crushed.
- 1 egg
- Optional- a couple drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the egg, food coloring, and frosting until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the cake mix and nut thins until fully incorporated.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden colored.
I’ve now made a “print” button available for recipes because I got a complaint about printing issues. I’m sorry if this has happened to anyone else!