I just love Easter. Always have, always will. It’s been one of my favorite holidays since I was little.
It was probably my favorite when I was little because my mom always made me Easter baskets full of chocolate (that my dad always ate).
However, now it’s one of my favorites for many reasons:
1. Okay, chocolate is still one, I just have to buy it myself now
4. Family gatherings
5. Spring weather (not so sure about this year, but a girl can dream)
6. Full appreciation for whatever I gave up for Lent (this year I gave up unnecessary purchases… which is basically everything but food)
7. And, of course, what Easter’s all about…Jesus’ resurrection
In my hopes for spring weather, I made some ice cream, just beckoning it to come. Hopefully it works. If not, I at least have some awesome ice cream. I had never made ice cream with cream cheese before, but I was definitely missing out. This stuff is awesome.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ butter, melted
- 1 cup robins eggs, crushed
- Blend cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, then stir in butter.
- Freeze cream cheese mixture in ice cream maker. Add in crushed Robin Eggs.
- Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours. Let ice cream soften 5 minutes before serving.