This heat is gettin’ crazy. It’s been over 100 degrees for the past 2 weeks!
They tell you to stay out of the kitchen if you can’t take the heat, but I prefer to just turn the heat off in the kitchen.
Katie ain’t bakin’ no mo’. Ever since the sun started blazing, I started testing recipes for “no bake blondies.” I searched and searched and searched but could not find a single recipe that wasn’t a healthy date/fig/etc. mixture, so I thought I’d make my own.
It’s hard work, let me tell you. I still haven’t found the perfect recipe, but these are my favorite so far.
If you’re sick of the heat like me, but still want to make some tasty treats, these are the ones for you.
What have you been making since it’s been so hot? Have you still been baking or does it kill you to turn the oven on?
No Bake Cake Batter Oatmeal Fudge Blondies
- 2 cups cake mix of choice (I used Funfetti, duh.)
- 6 blocks of vanilla almond bark
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Melt butter in a medium sized microwave safe bowl with white chocolate, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in cake mix and oats.
- Press mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Chill until hardened.
- Cut and eat. Yum.