I know I’ve been posting a lot of cookies lately, but I’m kind of on a kick right now. I promise the next post won’t be cookies.
Did you all have a good Halloween?? Mine was pretty successful. I even won a Halloween Costume Contest for my Target Lady costume. Sweet, huh? Here they are:
What were you all for Halloween?
Anyway, if you have some leftover M&M’s from your Halloween candy stash, here’s a recipe to use them up (because if they’re in a cookie, you’re not as likely to eat them, right?). It’s a Mrs. Fields copycat, so I know you’ll like them. I just used Mrs. Field’s sugar cookie recipe and added M&M’s. Can’t go wrong there, right?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well blended.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Gather dough into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Refrigerate one hour until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to a ¼ inch thickness. With cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with however M&Ms you want and press them lightly into the cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, being careful not to brown. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.