Let’s be honest today:
1) I had no idea what I was doing when I started making these. (Clearly…see photo below.)
2) I’m not really sure how I translated this recipe from that piece of paper, so if you try to make this and fail, I wouldn’t be surprised. (Kidding…but seriously, see photo above.)
3) I made these 3 weeks ago and I’m just now posting them.
4) I was barely able to tear myself away from Jodi Picoult’s new book (The Storyteller) to write this post.
5) Speaking of The Storyteller, I tried to make boule today because I wanted to be like the main character in the book.
7) I still ate the bread.
8) These are the best “candy bars” ever. They should sell them in stores. (Feel free to contact me, Hershey’s.)
- 15 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together crushed Ritz’ and melted butter and press into an 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and pour ½ cup sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Let cool while you make the rest of the filling.
- Melt the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter together in a microwave safe bowl. It should take about 1 minute.
- Take out and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the crust/sweetened condensed milk.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers over filling.
- Drizzle ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk over filling.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top turns golden.