I spend a lot of time trying to come up with new and creative recipes.
But ya know what, sometimes I just want a simple chocolate chip cookie.
That’s what these are. Simple chocolate chip cookies in a pan.
What’s your go to chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Adapted from:King Arthur Flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups (11 5/8 ounces) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the very soft butter in a medium-large mixing bowl. Add the sugars, salt, vanilla, and stir well.
- Add the egg and stir until well blended.
- Add the baking soda and flour, mixing until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place dough in a well oiled 9×13 inch pan (smaller for thicker cookies) and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool. Cut into squares and enjoy!