If you’re wondering what the heck is wrong with me, I totally get it. Ice cream in the fall? Whaaatt??
Well, it’s fall flavored and most people love ice cream. That’s the only explanation I’ve got and I’m sticking with it. I know I could have made a salted caramel cake or latte or anything warm, really, but that would just be too logical.
If you’re just crazy enough to make this ice cream in the fall, you have my approval. Your taste buds will approve, too.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 15 pieces of Demet’s Turtles, unwrapped and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and the half and half. Gradually whisk in the sugar until blended.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, a few hours.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in the caramel, sea salt, and Turtles just until combined.
- Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.