Happy Monday, everyone! It’s been very hectic around here lately.
Since I graduate in 2 weeks (yikes!) I’ve been doing some job hunting. Well, I had two calls for interviews, so of course I was really excited… to make a long story short, the two places ended up being scam companies who are looking for naive college grads to do door-to-door sales work and barely get paid. Ugghhh.. watch out for those Career Builder and Indeed job listings.
Luckily, this weekend was so much fun and made up for all of that. It was filled with friends and cookies for me.
My friends and I went out for a friend’s birthday, which was a lot of fun and it was so good to see all of them. Since I’ve been so busy this semester, I haven’t been able to spend as much time with my friends as I would like.
I also went to a BlogKC cookie swap event. We had such a good time. I love getting together with them because, as bloggers, we have a lot in common and it’s always great to get tips about blogging. Not only that, but the conversation is always great.
Then, on Sunday, Kellen stopped by to eat lunch with me. Long distance is hard, so it’s always such a relief when I get to see him. Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend.
On a side note, I applied for the CBS Baking Show, so please keep your fingers crossed, pray for me, send good vibes…anything, please. If you’re an “amateur baker,” you should apply, too!
What did you all do this weekend?
I adapted these gooey truffle cookies from The Kitchen is My Playground. They’re seriously good; full of hot chocolate mix, coconut, graham cracker crumbs, and Rolo’s. You can’t go wrong with those ingredients, trust me.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ⅔ c. hot chocolate mix
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 T. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 1 large egg, separated, plus 1 additional egg white
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Caramel Filling:
- 1 roll rolos
- 4 T. sweetened condensed milk
- Combine flour, hot chocolate mix, and salt; set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy.
- Place shredded coconut and graham cracker crumbs in a food processor and pulse about 5 times.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip in egg whites, and then roll in coconut/graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Place balls about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Using a ½ teaspoon measuring spoon, make an indentation in the center of each dough ball. Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 12 minutes.
- Caramel Filling:
- Microwave Rolo’s and sweetened condensed milk together in a small bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once cookies are removed from the oven, gently re-press the indentations.
- Fill each indentation with about ½ teaspoon of the caramel mixture.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.