I like to get crazy with desserts sometimes. I like to knowingly make something that sounds disgusting. I like to make desserts that make people say, “seriously, ew!” And I love it when it turns out well.
Like these, for instance. When I was making them, I even though, “seriously, Katie, ew,” (I mean, really? Potato Chip Crusted M&M Blondies? Who do I think I am?), but when I tried one, I was so happy I finished making them.
You really can’t beat a sweet and salty combination, even if the salty part of the equation happens to be potato chips.
What’s the craziest dessert you’ve ever made?
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed completely
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch dish with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed potato chips and 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Press into the bottom of the sprayed pan.
- In the medium bowl, beat together ½ cup melted butter and sugars. Add in vanilla extract and egg until combined.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until light and golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean.