I can’t even tell you how excited I am that tomorrow is Thanksgiving!
Today I’m thankful that I’m home with my family and that I get to see all of my friends tonight at an “Annual Turkey Day Party” that we have every year. I’m so excited.
A normal Thanksgiving for my family used to be spent at my brother’s house, but things have changed. This year, it will be a quiet dinner (catered by Country Mart…it’s easy that way!) with me and my parents, and I’m okay with that. I do wish that I could see the rest of my family, but both my brother and sister are feeding the homeless tomorrow, so I’d say that’s completely excusable. I’m very proud to call them my family!
Anyway, if you’re looking for a last minute dessert other than pie for Thanksgiving dinner, I highly recommend these pecan pie filled sugar cookie bars.
Pecan Pie Filled Sugar Cookie Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the bars:
- Rim a 9×13 in baking sheet with foil and butter the foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix to combine. Add vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix until thick.
- Dump half of the dough into the prepared pan and spread it evenly using spoon and fingers.
- Make the filling:
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling on dough.
- Crumble the other half of the dough mixture on top of the filling.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.