Everybody loves a good, healthy “dessert,” am I right?
My best friends birthday was a couple of weeks ago and she’s doing this AdvoCare thing… I don’t exactly know what it is, but I know she’s trying to eat healthy foods right now. But, you have to have treats on your birthday, so I combined healthy and treat-y.
I’m going to be honest, I made a little extra for myself. I had to test it out before I gave it to her to make sure it would be good. It would be wrong of me not to. Well, they were definitely good. These are amazing, actually. Better than I was expecting. They kind of remind me of no bakes, but I honestly thing they’re better.
Plus, it’s still hot outside and I know that baking with a hot oven is not at the top of your priority list right now. Also, waiting 30 minutes for something to bake when you can have something as delicious as these bars finished in 10 minutes seems silly, huh? So, these come highly recommended by me (and my best friend!)
Thanks a lot to Money Saving Mom for an amazing recipe.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (you could also substitute butter)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until melted.
- Once it’s melted, stir and add in the oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and cool in the fridge. If you’d like thicker bars, you can pour the mixture into a smaller pan.
- When the mixture is hardened, cut into bars and eat. Store in the refrigerator.