Mrs. Fields M&M Copycat Cookies
Author: All Recipes - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mrs-fields-sugar-cookies/
Recipe type: Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well blended.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Gather dough into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Refrigerate one hour until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to a ¼ inch thickness. With cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with however M&Ms you want and press them lightly into the cookies.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, being careful not to brown. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
Recipe by What Katie's Baking at http://www.whatkatiesbaking.com/mrs-fields-mm-copycat-cookies/