It may be crazy to assume that anyone has Easter candy leftover, but I’m hoping you do because this snack mix is awesome. If you don’t have any, hopefully there is still some clearance Easter candy at your local store or you can just go buy some Whopper’s.
I usually don’t like Whopper’s, not that you can tell from recent posts. However, when they come in cute, pastel egg form, they become so much more appealing to me and I can’t resist them. Which is why I turned them into a snack mix that I could share with others so I didn’t eat them all. Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it) this snack mix was so good and addicting that I think I ate more than I would have if I would have just eaten them plain.
I can’t even tell you how good this stuff is, so I’ll just let you experience it yourself. (You can use whatever candy you want in this, just throw it into the mixture!)
What did you do with your leftover Easter candy?
- 4 cups pretzels
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups butter crackers, crushed
- 3 cups Robin Eggs or Whopper’s, crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz white chocolate or vanilla almond bark
- Mix the butter and brown sugar in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 3 minutes or until boiling. Take it out, mix, and return for about one more minute.
- Remove from microwave and mix in vanilla extract and pretzels. Let cool.
- Once cool, mix in the corn flakes, butter crackers, and Robin Eggs/Whoppers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzel/corn flake/cracker/Robin Egg mixture and stir.
- Let cool and serve!