Is it too late for pumpkin? Well, I’m sorry, but the Farmer’s Almanac says that fall doesn’t end until about December 21st, so I’m just going to assume that it’s still acceptable for me to bake with pumpkin.
To be honest, I’m actually sick of pumpkin. So why am I still baking with it? Well, I’m going to be honest again.. I made this about 3 weeks ago and forgot to put it on the blog, so yeah, whoops.
Even though I’m sick of pumpkin, I would make this again. Right now. And eat it all. The cinnamon/pumpkin combination make this the best granola I’ve ever made.
Also if you’re tight on money and trying to think of gifts to give people for Christmas, this would make a great gift.
Are you sick of pumpkin?
P.s. As you all know, I applied for the CBS Baking Show. I heard back from them and have a Skype interview on Thursday!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, honey, and vanilla. Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet and stick in the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes (stir the oats around halfway through cooking time). Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Fold in raisins.
- Let cool completely and eat!
- Store in an airtight container.