I will never, ever be a Black Friday shopper, but I am all about Cyber Monday.
I’m already an Amazon freak because they’re inexpensive and deliver quickly (extra quick for me– I have Prime), so any deals on top of that get me all excited.
Now that I’ve finished up some exhausting shopping, I want to share something else that gets me excited. Obviously it’s this pie. I’ve made this multiple times, which I don’t usually do. It’s one of my go-to recipes and I’ve been making it since I started baking. You wouldn’t think that chocolate chip cookies and pie crust would be a good match, but they totally are.
What’s your go-to dessert recipe?
P.s. I’m thinking about changing the focus of my blog a little bit. I love baking and will still be posting dessert recipes, but I will be incorporating more healthy/savory recipes. I’m shooting for January 1st as my transformation date, so keep your eyes peeled.
This recipe is from Very Best Baking.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips, frozen**
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in chocolate chips** (They don’t have to be frozen, but if you don’t freeze them, they will probably sink to the bottom of your pie…it will still taste good!). Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.