Sometimes life gets stressful and you just need a little bit of cookie dough.
As you can tell by my sporadic posting lately, I’ve been a little stressed, which is why I made cookie dough bars and cookie dough truffles.
I don’t know if you remember the eggless cookie dough I made a few weeks back, but I rolled that same recipe into balls and made truffles, with the addition of some leftover Halloween candy. It really couldn’t get any easier.
What’s your go-to dessert when you’re feeling stressed?
- ½ c butter, room temperature
- ½ c white sugar
- ¾ c light brown sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda (for taste)
- 1 cup crushed chocolate candy of your choice (I suggest Heath bars)
- 2 cups vanilla almond bark
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Beat together sugars and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, vanilla, salt, and baking soda until fully combined and soft.
- Add in the crushed chocolate candy.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the almond bark and mix with the oil until smooth.
- Dip the balls into the melted almond bark. Top with sprinkles, if you want.