After making Thin Mints, the natural next step is to make Thin Mint Popcorn. I think so, at least.
If you haven’t given in to the pressure of the little girls and bought a box of Thin Mints yet and you want to make this popcorn, it’s okay because you can make them yourself in 10 minutes or less.
Once you’ve done that, make this popcorn, but make sure that you have someone to share with. Otherwise, I can guarantee you’ll eat it all. It’s super addictive. (Not addicting, which I learned from Grammar Girl.)
Anyway, it’s good. That’s all I can tell you. It’s a sweet, minty, salty explosion in your mouth. That sounds appetizing, right?
- 10 cups popcorn, popped (Not 10 cups of kernels, that would be a disaster)
- 10 oz vanilla almond bark (or 5 blocks/squares)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract (it’s strong stuff!)
- 20 thin mints, crushed
- Melt the vanilla almond bark in the microwave. (It should take about 1½ minutes.)
- Once melted, remove from the microwave and stir in the vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is fully coated.
- Once coated, pour the crushed thin mints over the popcorn and stir until combined.
- Pour onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper until cooled.
- Serve and enjoy!