So I grabbed the tart pan and went to work. It ended up turning out similar to 7-layer bars, only better (in my opinion).
Imagine: a brownie layered with sweetened condensed milk and lots and lots of chocolate.
It’s super easy to make because it’s mostly layering, but I guarantee whoever you give this to will think you spent hours on it.
OH… and remember how I told you I got to see Colin Jost and Josh Wolf at a comedy show? Here are the pics:
A li’l blurry… don’t care!
JEALOUS?! They’re so hilarious. If you ever get a chance to see them live, do it. You won’t regret it. Plus, they’re super nice… not stuck up at all, which I think is rare.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
1 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed toffee bits
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in mixer. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Press dough into tart pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Take from oven and layer chocolate chips, toffee, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-8 more minutes until the edges are firm.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.