I’ve made cookies with frosting in the dough before. I don’t typically like to make the same recipe twice (I know, I’m weird) but the great thing about these that there are so many possibilities. I mean, you can use any type of frosting you want.
This time, I used peanut butter frosting… uhhhhhhh yum. Then, I did somethin’ crazy and rolled them in hot chocolate mix. Like I said, crazy. Sometimes I worry about myself getting too crazy. I mean, just yesterday I lost $40 at the the casino. What’s next?!
But really, these cookies are super good. My mom hates peanut butter, but she loved these. Imagine how much you’ll like them if you love peanut butter.
What’s your favorite frosting flavor?
Peanut Butter Frosting Filled Cookies Rolled in Hot Chocolate
Adapted from: The Caramel Cookie
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup peanut butter frosting
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot chocolate mix (or enough for rolling)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet or line with a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the frosting, egg, vanilla, and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until well combined.
- By tablespoon fulls, roll cookies in hot chocolate mix.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet. Press on them lightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They’ll be a tad gooey when you pull them out.