Who doesn’t love mint? And Oreo’s? And thick brownies? And frosting?
Okay, well there’s probably a chance that some of you don’t like some of those things buuuuttt, I’m risking it anyway for this awesome dessert.
You guys know I wouldn’t steer you wrong, right? I hope so, because I wouldn’t.
If you love Thin Mints, then you’ll love these brownies x10. They’re just like a Thin Mint with extra crunch, extra chocolate, and extra fudge.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoons milk (or enough to get to desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 15 Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, and mint extract in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool in pan.
- Once cool, melt the chocolate chips and spread over the brownies. Let that cool and make the frosting.
- In a mixer, cream butter, vanilla and milk.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, mix in crushed oreos until well combined.
- Frost the brownies once the chocolate layer has hardened.