Honestly, I would have titled this post “My Favorite Banana Bread” and not just “My Favorite Healthy Banana Bread,” but my moms banana bread will forever be my favorite.
I’ve made many, many, many banana breads, so it’s saying something to give this recipe such a label as “my favorite.”
So, here you have it, my favorite healthy banana bread. Full of chia seeds (which I do not suggest you leave out because they add a fantastic crunch), honey, whole wheat pastry flour, orange, banana, coconut oil, and other good-for-you ingredients.
What’s your favorite banana bread recipe?
- ½ cup oat flour (oats, finely ground into flour texture)
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds and salt in a bowl.
- In a mixer, beat together honey, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the melted coconut oil and orange juice. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the mashed banana and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Spread the batter into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then finish cooling on a rack.