I started craving “fall foods” last month. It had been 100 degrees all week long and mysteriously dropped to 80 degrees one day. I automatically got excited for fall and sweaters and red leaves and candles and pumpkin bread, even though it was still August and the temperature got back up to 100 degrees and hasn’t let up since.
I. Don’t. Care. And I know I’m not alone because I’m seeing pumpkin flavored coffee all over my Facebook news feed. Soooo, since everyone else is doing it, it’s okay, right? (Just kidding, I don’t condone peer pressure.)
I love making quick breads; they’re probably one of my top 10 favorite things to make. They’re easy to make and who doesn’t love bread??
This pumpkin bread is SO MOIST (moist is such a weird word) and I swear it’s fail-proof (but if you fail at making it, don’t feel bad, okay? I’ve failed at plenty of fail-proof things).
This amazing no-fail pumpkin bread recipe is adapted from Streaming Gourmet. Go to her website for the recipe for 2 loaves. The one I’m posting is for one loaf only!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, really soft
- 1 large egg
- 8 oz pure pumpkin (1/2 a 16 oz can)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray one medium loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar. Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds, so that it is half melted. Dump it into the sugar. Add the egg. Cream these three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
- In three batches, add the dry ingredients and gently fold in with a spatula until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean the top is golden. *Check it after about 30 minutes