So I did a poll on my Facebook Page yesterday to see what everyone’s favorite Girl Scout Cookie is.
I figured the answer would be Thin Mints, but I was really happy to see a variety of different answers! However, thin mints won in the end, but that worked out perfectly for me because a) Today is National Chocolate Mint Day and b) These are really freakin’ easy to make. Like so easy that if you don’t make these, I’ll judge you. Just kidding, but really they’re so good and so easy and I think you should make them.
I will admit, I wasn’t sure how good these would taste because what kind of person expects a Ritz cracker to transform into a Thin Mint? No kind of person. But I promise you these taste exactly like Thin Mints.
What’s your favorite Girl Scout Cookie? I think I’ll tackle Lemonade’s next.
These wonderful Thin Mints are from Avery at Love, Veggies and Yoga and can easily be scaled down.
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a double boiler (or a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, or in the microwave), melt the chocolate and shortening. When the mixture is smooth, stir in the peppermint extract. Using two forks, dip the cookies one at a time into the chocolate. Move them to the pan to cool.
- To make these last longer (and taste better, in my opinion) freeze them!