Okay, so I gave in to the “Hey, let’s put bacon in our dessert” foodie trend.
And you know what, I’m glad I did it. I looove sweet and salty combinations and this hits the sweet and salty spot in my stomach juuust right.
These are really good and you should make them. And then you should give them to people. Don’t tell them what’s in them until after they try them and tell you how delicious they are.
- ½ c butter
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 c chocolate chips
- ½ c caramelized bacon bits (1 tablespoon brown sugar, ½ c bacon bits, mix and melt together in a skillet on the stove)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and bacon bits. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges start to brown.