Baked Coconut Donuts.
These were a-mazing. I’m not really a huge fan of baked donuts, but these are game changers. They were dense, but a fluffy-dense, and the coconut flavor was so prominent. These are definitely for coconut lovers, but my mom, who is coconut-neutral, loved them, too. I topped these with a regular buttercream frosting, but I subbed the vanilla flavoring for coconut and the cream for Almond Joy Creamer. I topped them with toasted coconut.
Baked Coconut Donuts
King Arthur Flour
1 cup flour
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons coconut flour (or all-purpose flour for a less-dense donut)
½ cup coconut flakes
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/8 tsp coconut flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter or grease your standard doughnut pan.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, water, oil, and flavor until frothy.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Fill each doughnut form about half full, using ¼ cup batter.
- Bake the doughnuts for 12 to 14 minutes, until they spring back when touched lightly and are very light brown on top.
- Cool for a few minutes, then spread with glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.