With a very unhealthy, candy-oriented holiday coming up (I won’t point fingers), I thought it would be a good idea to get a healthy post in beforehand.
Believe it or not, healthy food can taste good. These brownie balls are deeelicious. I will say, though, that if you’re craving a Reese’s, these aren’t going to cut it. But, if you’re looking for a sweet and healthy treat, this is the “dessert” for you.
Trust me, I’m not condoning not eating candy!! Eat all the candy you want (I do!), but these will be waiting for you the day after Halloween when your sugar hangover kicks in.
This recipe is from Snack Girl.
- 10 pitted dates
- 10 dried apricots
- ½ cup cashews
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until ground.
- Mix until it just forms a sticky mass.
- Form dough into balls. (It may need more water to get to the perfect consistency).
- Put a tablespoon of cocoa in a shallow bowl .
- Roll balls in cocoa. (or just drop the balls straight into the cocoa can like me)
- I like to store these in the freezer and eat them frozen...yum! Or you can keep them in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.