It has been quite the week. On Tuesday, I came down with the stomach flu, which lasted until Thursday (I won’t go into any details). Friday, I was feeling good enough to go back to work. I made it through the day all right and then that night, I started losing my voice and feeling congested. Soo, this weekend was spent recuperating and enjoying the beautiful weather.
I’m so grateful that it’s FINALLY spring! We went to visit our family this weekend and it was so lovely to come back to beautiful, blooming tulips.
I actually made these cupcakes on Friday night and meant to take them for Easter, but decided against it just in case they had any little germ from me in them… I didn’t want to get anyone sick. However, Kellen had one and is fine, so I was definitely being overly cautious lol.
These cupcakes are SO moist and flavorful. It always amazes me how carrots can make such great cupcakes. This is by far one of my favorite carrot cake recipes so far.
How was your Easter?
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⅛ cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Beat together the eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl, and mix in the oil and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix flour mixture into the carrot mixture until evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before topping with the icing and sprinkling with remaining walnuts.
- Frost with preferred frosting. I just used regular buttercream!